Grilled Pound Cake with Berries
Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries]
- 5 Tbsp sugar, divided
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint (optional)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp softened butter
- 6 slices pound cake (about 1 inch thick)
- In a large bowl, combine all of the berries with 2 tablespoons of sugar and mint if desired. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Beat in remaining sugar. Add lemon juice. Beat until soft peaks form. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Spread butter over both sides of cake slices. Grill uncovered over direct medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side until light golden brown. Serve with berry mix and whipped cream if desired.
NUTRIENT ANALYSIS PER SERVING
1 piece: 377 calories, 27g fat, (16 grams saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate, and 3g protein.
Source: Taste of Home magazine
To learn more about our services or view our hospital menus, visit our Food & Nutritional Services page.
If you’d like to download our recipe, just click the image below!
Categorized in: Recipes