It is our goal to meet the nutritional needs of our patients and guests. Avita Health System can make a positive impact on the emotional and physical conditions of many patients through successful Medical Nutrition therapy.
Medical Nutritional Therapy (MNT) is an essential component of comprehensive healthcare. As a vital part of the healthcare team at Avita, Registered Dietitians provide MNT and nutritional education to patients with a variety of health conditions and illness. Education is a key element to any successful program.
Our registered dietitian provides nutritional counseling to anyone looking to improve their overall health and well-being with a prescription from their physician.
Conditions that benefit from MNT include:
- Cardiovascular disease
- High cholesterol
- Weight management
- Celiac disease
- Crohn’s Disease
- Infant/Child feeding
- Failure to thrive
- Renal Disease
- COPD/Pulmonary disease
Medical Nutrition Therapy, when appropriately provided by a Registered Dietitian, can:
- Improve a patient’s health and well-being
- Decrease hospitalization
- Reduce prescription drug use
- Improve patient outcomes
- Lower healthcare costs
For a consultation please call,
- 419-563-9375 at Bucyrus Hospital
- 419-468-0674 at Galion Hospital
- 567-307-7948 at Ontario Hospital
Avita’s dietitians are now offering Telehealth appointments to their patients. To be eligible for a Telehealth appointment, you must call our registered dietitians at 419-563-9375 for Bucyrus Hospital, 419-468-0674 for Galion Hospital, or 567-307-7570 for Ontario Hospital and be approved for Telehealth by the dietitian. Your Telehealth appointment will be scheduled based on availability. When it is time for your appointment, you will be provided a Meeting ID and password to access your Telehealth appointment. You must use video and either a phone call or computer audio to join a Telehealth appointment. In order to use this service, please follow the instructions below or call the office at one of the numbers listed above for assistance.
Download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app on your mobile device or visit the Zoom website and then follow the instructions for your device below.
- Download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app from Google Play or the App Store via the links above.
- Launch the app and click “Join a Meeting”. Enter the Meeting ID you were given and your name, and then click “Join”.
- Enter the password you were provided. You may be asked to allow permissions to access your microphone and camera. Make sure to allow permission.
- On the video preview screen, click “Join with Video”.
- Once connected press “Call via Device Audio” on Android or “Call using Internet Audio” on iPhone.
- Click the Zoom logo above to visit the Zoom website.
- When the page loads, enter the Meeting ID you were given and click “Join”.
- On the next screen the Zoom software should automatically download. If it does not start automatically, click the link that says “download here”. Open the file that was downloaded once it is finished.
- When the software opens, enter your name and the password you were provided. Then, click “Join Meeting”.
- Next, ensure your webcam is working properly in the preview and click “Join with Video”.
- Once connected, click “Join with Computer Audio”.
- Galion Hospital The hospital cafeteria, located on the first floor, is open as a convenience to family members, visitors, and guests. There are also vending machines located on the first floor, near the waiting areas for use at any time. The cafeteria is open Monday through Sunday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Bucyrus Hospital The hospital cafeteria, located on the ground floor, is open as a convenience to family members, visitors, and guests. There are also vending machines located on the ground floor, near the Emergency Department waiting area for use at any time. The cafeteria is open Monday through Sunday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Avita Ontario Hospital The hospital cafeteria, located on the third floor, is open as a convenience to family members, visitors, and guests. There are also vending machines located on the ground floor, near the Emergency Department waiting area for use at any time. The cafeteria is open Monday through Sunday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.