Pumpkin & Spice Avocado Muffins
Makes 12 servings
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ripe, fresh avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and mashed
- 1 cup 100% pumpkin puree (canned)
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat avocado, pumpkin, applesauce, eggs, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl at medium speed until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture into avocado mixture, scraping down sides as needed. Do not over mix. Stir in chopped almonds, if desired.
- Divide batter into muffin tin, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
NUTRIENT ANALYSIS PER SERVING
Serving Size – 1 muffin: 160 calories, 3g total fat (0.5g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate, 4g dietary fiber, 15g total sugars (13g added sugars), and 4g protein.
Source: Love One Today, loveonetoday.com
To learn more about our services or view our hospital menus, visit our Food & Nutritional Services page.
If you’d like to download our recipe, just click the image below!
Categorized in: Recipes