Individuals may benefit from physical therapy when health problems make it hard to move around and do everyday tasks. Physical Therapy (PT) helps improve physical function and fitness levels. The goal of PT is to make daily tasks and activities easier to do. This may include walking and getting in and out of bed. PT is also beneficial after surgery and can speed the recovery process. PT helps regain flexibility, strength, endurance, coordination, and balance. Stretching, exercise, weight lifting, massage, ice/heat applications, and other treatments are all part of a physical therapy plan.
Occupational Therapy (OT) helps patients develop the “skills for the job of living,” increase
independence, and lead productive and satisfying lives.
OT services may include:
- Customized treatment programs to improve activities of daily living (dressing, bathing,
- Home and job site evaluation and recommendations for adaptation.
- Performance skills assessment and treatment.
- Usage Training and Adaptive Equipment Recommendations.
- Guidance for Family Members and Care Givers.
Outpatient OT Focuses on the following Conditions:
- Work Related Injuries
- Repetitive Stress Injuries
- Shoulder and Arm Injuries
- Sports Injury
- Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury or other Neurologic Conditions
- Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis and Other Chronic Conditions
- Heart Attack/Cardiovascular Conditions
- Brain Injuries, Learning Problems and Developmental Disabilities
Avita Pediatric Therapy Center
865 Harding Way W
Galion, OH 44833
Avita Therapy & Sports Medicine
385 N Seltzer St
Crestline, OH 44827
959 Hopley Ave
Bucyrus, OH 44820
955 Hosford Rd
Galion, OH 44833
Galion Hospital Inpatient Rehab
269 Portland Way S
Galion, OH 44833
Avita Summit Therapy and Performance Centers
2170 Stumbo Road
Mansfield, OH 44906
142 N Gamble Street
Shelby, OH 44875
750 Scholl Road
Mansfield, OH 44907
Workwell Occupational Health Services
Avita’s Physical Therpists are now offering Telehealth appointments to their patients. To be eligible for a Telehealth appointment, you must call the office at one of our locations, and be approved for Telehealth by the therapist. Your Telehealth appointment will be scheduled by staff based on availability. When it is time for your appointment, you will be provided a Meeting ID and password to access your Telehealth appointment. You must use video and either a phone call or computer audio to join a Telehealth appointment. In order to use this service, please follow the instructions below or call the office at one of our locations.
Download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app on your mobile device or visit the Zoom website and then follow the instructions for your device below.
- Download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app from Google Play or the App Store via the links above.
- Launch the app and click “Join a Meeting”. Enter the Meeting ID you were given and your name, and then click “Join”.
- Enter the password you were provided. You may be asked to allow permissions to access your microphone and camera. Make sure to allow permission.
- On the video preview screen, click “Join with Video”.
- Once connected press “Call via Device Audio” on Android or “Call using Internet Audio” on iPhone.
- Click the Zoom logo above to visit the Zoom website.
- When the page loads, enter the Meeting ID you were given and click “Join”.
- On the next screen the Zoom software should automatically download. If it does not start automatically, click the link that says “download here”. Open the file that was downloaded once it is finished.
- When the software opens, enter your name and the password you were provided. Then, click “Join Meeting”.
- Next, ensure your webcam is working properly in the preview and click “Join with Video”.
- Once connected, click “Join with Computer Audio”.