Makes 6 servings (1 popsicle per serving)
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk (from a carton)
- 3 Tbsp coconut cream
- ¼ tsp grated lime zest
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine blueberries, water, and maple syrup. Lightly crush blueberries with the back of your spoon and cook until liquid is syrupy and thick. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut milk, coconut cream, and grated lime zest.
- Fill popsicle molds a little over half full of coconut milk mixture. Spoon in blueberry mixture to each popsicle – about 1-2 Tbsp. per popsicle.
- Place mold in freezer for 1 hour. Remove molds and add popsicle sticks into each popsicle. Place mold back in the freezer for at least another 4 hours until ice pops are solid.
Nutrient Analysis per Serving
Calories: 60; Total fat: 4g; Sat fat: 3g; Sodium: 10mg; Total carbohydrate: 8g; Dietary fiber: 1g; Total Sugars: 6g; Added Sugars: 2g; Protein: 1g; Calcium: 100mg; Potassium: 60mg; Vitamin A: 1mcg; Vitamin C: 4mg; Vitamin D: 1mcg
To learn more about our services or view our hospital menus, visit our Food & Nutritional Services page.
If you’d like to download our recipe, just click the image below!