Beet and Goat Cheese Quinoa Salad
Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cooked, diced beets
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 cups spring mix
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/8 cup pepita seeds
- To prepare the quinoa, place in a small to medium saucepan and add water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes, until all the water is absorbed.
- Transfer cooked quinoa to a large bowl and let it cool. Add olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Toss to coat the quinoa.
- Add beets, red onion, pepita seeds, and goat cheese and fold into the quinoa mixture. Serve at room temperature or chilled over a bed of spring mix.
NUTRIENT ANALYSIS PER SERVING
Calories: 325; Total fat: 19.5g; Sat fat: 6.25g; Cholesterol: 27mg; Sodium: 449mg;
Total carbohydrate: 25.9g; Sugars: 4.23g; Dietary fiber: 4.9g; Protein: 15.77g
Inspired by recipe from todaysdietitian.com, February 2020
To learn more about our services or view our hospital menus, visit our Food & Nutritional Services page.
If you’d like to download our recipe, just click the image below!
Categorized in: Nutrition