COVID-19 Information (as of 4/6/21)
All Ohioans age 18* and over are now eligible for an appointment.
*Avita is scheduling appointments for adults age 18 and over only. Should we receive the Pfizer BioNTech vaccine in the future, eligibility will be expanded to include those age 16 and over.
Walk-in appointments are not available.
Those scheduled for a vaccine are allowed one support person and will be asked to bring a driver’s license or state issued ID. Masks are required. Those sick with the following symptoms must wait until they feel better to be vaccinated: fever of 100.4 or higher, cough, sore throat, muscle aches, shortness of breath, diarrhea, vomiting, etc. Individuals who have received an antibody treatment for COVID-19 infection will need to wait 90 days after therapy to receive their vaccination.
Vaccines are administered at the following locations at no charge:
- Bucyrus Hospital: 629 N. Sandusky Ave, Bucyrus, OH 44820
- Galion Hospital: 269 Portland Way S, Galion, OH 44833
- Ontario Hospital: 715 Richland Mall, Ontario, OH 44906
- Crestline (Seltzer Station): 385 N Seltzer St, Crestline, OH 44827
Phased Distribution Outline
- Monday, Jan. 18 – Vaccines available to those 80 years of age and older
- Monday, Jan. 25 – Vaccines available to those 75 years of age and older; those with severe congenital or developmental disorders
- Monday, Feb. 1 – Vaccines available to those 70 years of age and older; employees of K-12 schools that wish to remain or return to in-person or hybrid models
- Monday, Feb. 8 – Vaccines available to those 65 years of age and older
- Monday, Feb. 15 – Vaccines available to those born with or who have early childhood conditions that are carried into adulthood, which put them at a higher risk for adverse outcomes due to COVID-19, listed above. Patients in this category will be asked to attest to their eligibility when at the vaccination appointment
- Thursday, Mar. 4 – Vaccines available to those 60 years of age and older; added medical conditions and pregnant women; occupations of law child care services, law enforcement/corrections/firefighters and funeral services
- Thursday, Mar 11 – Vaccines available to those 50 years of age and older; added medical conditions, listed above in Phase 1D.
- Friday, March 19 – Vaccines available to those 40 years of age and older; added medical conditions, listed above in Phase 1E.
- Monday, March 22 – Vaccines available to those 18 years of age and older
Avita offers COVID-19 rapid testing at our Bellville and Ontario Walk-In Clinics, as well as our testing sites at Bucyrus, Galion, and Ontario Hospitals. Avita’s COVID-19 rapid test is a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) point-of-care diagnostic test that uses a nasal sample to determine if the patient has COVID-19 infection. Results are provided to the patient on the same day of testing and are available in Avita’s MyChart.
The Ontario Walk-In Clinic is open daily from 8:00am – 8:00pm at 2003 West Fourth Street, Suite 130 in Ontario. The Bellville Walk-In Clinic is open daily from 10:00am – 7:00pm at 987 State Route 97 W in Bellville. These clinics provide urgent care services and no appointments are needed.
Our testing sites at Galion, Bucyrus, and Ontario Hospitals require a physician order and appointment. They are open Monday through Friday. You can request a self-pay rapid test for $150 without an order by calling 419-462-3437 during normal business hours for an appointment at one of the testing sites.
Monoclonal Antibody Infusion Therapy
Avita is offering monoclonal antibody therapy at Galion Hospital as an outpatient treatment for individuals with recent COVID-19 diagnoses who have mild to moderate disease with high risk of progressing to severe disease or hospitalization. Treatment is administered as an IV infusion over the course of one hour. Patients must meet specific criteria to qualify for treatment and a doctor’s order is required.
Current Patient and Visitor Precautions
In an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we implemented numerous safety measures to protect our patients, employees, medical staff, volunteers and the community. Our temporary precautions include:
- Masking required at all Avita facilities
- Visitor Restrictions:
- Visitors under the age of 18 are not permitted
- Inpatient (Med/Surg & ICU), Emergency Department, and Maternity: 2 visitors at a time, max of 6 per day
- Surgery and Medical Offices: 2 visitors per day
- Visiting Hours 8:00am – 8:00pm
- Overnight visitation is not permitted
- Limited patient entrances at Bucyrus, Galion, and Ontario Hospitals
- Bucyrus Hospital – Emergency Department entrance is open for patients and visitors.
- Galion Hospital – Emergency Department entrance is open for patients experiencing medical emergencies. Main Lobby Entrance is open Monday – Friday 7:00am to 5:30pm for patients and visitors.
- Ontario Hospital – Main Hospital Entrance is open for emergency patients, visitors, and testing. East Entrance is open Monday – Friday 7:00am to 5:00pm for physician clinic patients only. The West Entrance is open for Avita Heart patients only.
- Screening every patient and visitor that enters the hospital with a temperature check and questionnaire
- Cafeteria restrictions – Food and nutritional services are available for employees, patients, and patient visitors only.
- The gift shops at Galion and Bucyrus Hospitals are open limited hours. Masking, social distancing, and maximum occupancy limits apply.
- Vendor restrictions – We are only allowing necessary preapproved vendors in our facilities.
Coronavirus Information Hotline
In April 2020, we established a call center to answer questions and address concerns about COVID-19. Avita’s Coronavirus Information Hotline is open Monday – Friday 8:00am-4:30pm at 419-468-0800.
Pharmacy Curbside Prescription Pick-up
Avita offers curbside prescription pick-up for the outpatient pharmacy, Monday-Friday during business hours. Patients are directed to pull into one of the designated parking spaces on the East side of Ontario Hospital and call the Pharmacy telephone number on the sign: 567-307-7570. Prescriptions will be delivered directly to your vehicle. Patients are still permitted in Ontario Hospital to drop off and pick up prescriptions and to get vaccinations.
Your Health and Safety is Our Priority
At Avita Health System, we’re doing everything possible to provide high-quality healthcare in an environment that is safe and makes you feel comfortable. You can trust that during these defining times we will hold true to what matters the most – Your health and safety!
Categorized in: News