COVID-19 Basic Patient Information (Updated 9/24/20 2:27pm)
Coronavirus Information Hotline: 419-468-0800
Your Health and Safety is Our Priority
At Avita Health System, we’re doing everything possible to provide high-quality healthcare in an environment that is safe and makes you feel comfortable. You can trust that during these defining times we will hold true to what matters the most – Your health and safety!
- As of September 24, there are 139,632 confirmed cases in Ohio.
- As of September 24, there are 193 confirmed cases in Crawford County and 778 confirmed cases in Richland County.
- Avita Health System is closely following recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Ohio Department of Health (ODH) to diagnose and treat patients with COVID-19.
- Call the ODH Hotline for questions about Coronavirus: 1-833-4ASKODH or 1-833-427-5634
- For updated information on the international outbreak, follow the daily World Health Organization Situation Report.
- We’re taking precautions to ensure a safe environment for all patients, visitors, and staff. If you have flu-like symptoms, including fever or cough, and have an upcoming appointment, please call your provider to let them know. Please avoid visiting the hospitals or ambulatory locations if you have flu-like symptoms, including fever or cough.
In an effort to limit exposure and help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented numerous safety measures to protect our patients, employees, medical staff, volunteers and the community. Our temporary precautions include:
- Masking is required at all Avita facilities.
- Visitor Restrictions:
- Visitors under the age of 18 are not permitted
- 1 visitor per day for hospitals and clinics
- 2 visitors per day for maternity patients
- Visiting Hours 8:00am – 8:00pm
- Overnight visitation is not permitted
- All of our hospitals limited patient entry to one entrance per facility. The Emergency Department (ED) entrances at Bucyrus and Galion Hospitals are the only ones to remain open, as well as the main entrance at Ontario Hospital.
- We are screening every patient that comes into the Emergency Department (ED) at all three hospital campuses. The screening consists of a temperature check and questionnaire.
- Cafeteria restrictions – Food and nutritional services are available for employees, patients, and patient visitors only.
- The gift shops at Galion and Bucyrus Hospitals are open limited hours for employees and patient visitors only.
- Vendor restrictions – We are only allowing necessary preapproved vendors in our facilities.
- We are slowly restarting support groups and in person classes. Please check our website for updates.
Coronavirus Information Hotline
We’ve established a call center to answer questions and address concerns about COVID-19. Avita’s Coronavirus Information Hotline is open Monday – Friday 8:00am-4:30pm at 419-468-0800. If the phone lines are not answered due to high call volume or after hours, your call will be forwarded to the Ohio Department of Health Information Hotline.
Pharmacy Curbside Prescription Pick-up
Avita offers curbside prescription pick-up for the outpatient pharmacy, Monday-Friday during business hours. Patients are directed to pull into one of the designated parking spaces on the East side of Ontario Hospital and call the Pharmacy telephone number on the sign: 567-307-7570. Prescriptions will be delivered directly to your vehicle. Patients are still permitted in Ontario Hospital to drop off and pick up prescriptions and to get vaccinations after going through the screening process at the main entrance.
What if I Have an Upcoming Appointment?
We’re taking precautions to ensure a safe environment for all patients, visitors and staff. If you have flu-like symptoms, including fever or cough, and have an upcoming appointment, please call your provider to let them know. Please avoid visiting the hospitals or ambulatory locations if you have flu-like symptoms, including fever or cough.
What Are the Symptoms?
Symptoms of COVID-19 may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus and range from mild to severe illness. The most common symptoms include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Additional COVID-19 Resources
- Centers for Disease Control – Coronavirus outbreak
- World Health Organization – Coronavirus outbreak
- Ohio Department of Health – Coronavirus outbreak
Categorized in: News