Avita Changes Visitor Policy Due to Community Surge of COVID-19
BUCYRUS / GALION / ONTARIO – August 31, 2021 – Due to the recent increase in COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations, Avita Health System announced new visitor restrictions, effective Wednesday, Sept. 1.
- One visitor per day will be permitted for patients in emergency, inpatient (medical/surgical & ICU), outpatient, and surgery departments.
- Two visitors per day will be permitted for maternity patients and children under the age of 18.
- One support person per patient will be permitted at Avita’s medical offices.
- Exceptions can be made for patients receiving end-of-life care, patients with disabilities, and those undergoing emergency surgeries.
- Overnight visitation is not permitted.
- Hospital visiting hours are 8:00am – 8:00pm.
- Visitors must be asymptomatic.
In a continued effort to protect our communities, patients and visitors are still required to wear a mask in Avita facilities despite their vaccination status. Medical-grade masks are provided at the entrances of each hospital and all patients and visitors are screened for COVID-19 upon entry.
Categorized in: News