Makes 4 servings
- 1 1/2 lb. steak use top sirloin or ribeye for best results, chopped into 1-2″ pieces
- 1 lb. potatoes chopped into 1″ pieces (4-5 cups)
- 1 red pepper chopped into 1″ pieces
- 1 small onion chopped into 1″ pieces
- 3 Tbsps. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic approximately 2 tsps., crushed
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. thyme
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Cut 1 ½ lb. steak into roughly 2-inch pieces. Dice 1 lb. potatoes, 1 red pepper, and 1 small onion into 1-inch pieces or smaller. Partially cook the potatoes by boiling them for 5 minutes on the stove or cooking for 2 minutes in a dish with some water in the microwave.
- Mix together 3 Tbsp. oil, 2 cloves crushed garlic, 1 tsp. paprika, 1 tsp. thyme, ½ tsp. each salt and pepper, and 2 tsp. lemon juice. Toss the steak, potatoes, onions, and peppers in the oil mixture.
- Cut foil squares large enough to contain and fold over the steak and potatoes mixture, then divide the mixture evenly between them.
- Seal up the foil packs and cook on the grill for 10-15 minutes or in the oven at 425°F for around 20 minutes. When done cooking, open the pack and finish the steak directly on the grill or place it under the broiler for a couple of minutes to brown. Serve in the pack or on a plate.
Optional to add 5 cups fresh green beans halved and trimmed.
NUTRIENT ANALYSIS PER SERVING
Serving Size – 1 1/3 cups: 538 calories, 35g fat, (12g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 394mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 3g sugar, and 38g protein.
Source: Eating Well Magazine
To learn more about our services or view our hospital menus, visit our Food & Nutritional Services page.
If you’d like to download our recipe, just click the image below!