Online Nutrition Classes
We are now offering online classes to help our Bariatric patients meet their goals without the need for face-to-face classes. You will be scheduled for a telephone or virtual visit (using Zoom video conferencing app) with an Avita dietitian. Prior to these telephone/virtual visits, watch the videos on our website to prepare.
To complete each class, click the tab to the left for the class you want to take and watch the video that appears. After watching the video, click on the tab for the associated quiz and complete the form. Once you submit the quiz one of our dietitians will contact you as scheduled to review your answers, record your weight, and answer any questions you had on the video content.
If approved for a video appointment, when it is time for your appointment, you will be provided a Meeting Link, Meeting ID and password to access your Telehealth appointment. This information will be sent to the email we have listed in your medical chart. If you have not received an email by the day of your appointment we ask that you please check your Junk/Spam mail box before contacting the office. You must use video and either a phone call or computer audio to join a Telehealth appointment. In order to use this service, please follow the instructions below or call the office at 567-307-7948.
Download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app on your mobile device or visit the Zoom website and then follow the instructions for your device below.
- Download the Zoom Cloud Meetings app from Google Play or the App Store via the links above.
- Launch the app and click “Join a Meeting”. Enter the Meeting ID you were given and your name, and then click “Join”.
- Enter the password you were provided. You may be asked to allow permissions to access your microphone and camera. Make sure to allow permission.
- On the video preview screen, click “Join with Video”.
- Once connected press “Call via Device Audio” on Android or “Call using Internet Audio” on iPhone.
- Click the Zoom logo above to visit the Zoom website.
- When the page loads, enter the Meeting ID you were given and click “Join”.
- On the next screen the Zoom software should automatically download. If it does not start automatically, click the link that says “download here”. Open the file that was downloaded once it is finished.
- When the software opens, enter your name and the password you were provided. Then, click “Join Meeting”.
- Next, ensure your webcam is working properly in the preview and click “Join with Video”.
- Once connected, click “Join with Computer Audio”.