About the Society of 1906 & Giving Societies
Avita Health System dates back to the founding of Bucyrus Hospital in 1906 by Dr. William C. Gates. Over the years generous physicians and volunteer women dedicated themselves to the health and well-being of the families of Crawford and surrounding counties by investing their talent, time, and philanthropy. Their commitment to provide high quality health care to our communities has created a pathway for Avita Health System and continues to inspire generosity and volunteerism in Bucyrus, Galion, and Ontario Hospitals.
The Society of 1906 celebrates this tradition of philanthropy and volunteerism, while recognizing those donors who make cumulative annual contributions totaling $1,000 or more. Such support enhances Avita Health System’s ability to provide exemplary patient-centered clinical and outreach programs, and education for the benefit of our community.
In appreciation for their total annual contributions and in recognition of donor support of Avita Health System’s mission – to improve the health and wellbeing of those we serve – members of the Society of 1906 are invited to enjoy a special relationship with leadership, physicians, and clinical staff.
Annual Giving Levels
$1,000 – $4,999
- Invitations to select Avita Health Foundation and Avita Health System events
- Recognition in the Avita Health Foundation Annual Report on Philanthropy
- Invitation to Avita Health Foundation’s Annual Society of 1906 Recognition Evening
$5,000 – $9,999
All Sponsor Member privileges, plus:
- Invitations to exclusive Avita Health Foundation and Avita Health System events
- Unique opportunities to connect with Avita Health System leaders and physicians
$10,000 – $24,999
All Advisor Member privileges, plus:
- Receipt of the Health System Update, quarterly CEO-authored electronic updates
$25,000 and above
All Fellow Member privileges, plus:
- Opportunity to participate in exclusive, behind-the-scenes experiences
ESTEEMED PHYSICIAN AWARD FOR COMMUNITY IMPACT
The Esteemed Physician Award is given to the physician who consistently achieves high standards in the practice of medicine, is looked upon as a role model by his or her colleagues, patients, and peers, and demonstrates commitment to community.
This award is open to all physicians associated with the Avita Health System.
- 5 years or longer in Avita Health System
- Can nominate Physicians retired or posthumously
- Community involvement
- Leadership and collaboration
- Outcomes and quality
- Clinical skills and innovation
2020 ESTEEMED PHYSICIAN AWARD RECIPIENT
The Visionary Award, presented by the Avita Health Foundation, is the highest honor bestowed upon a benefactor of Avita Health System and recognizes and pays tribute to the recipient’s exceptional generosity, dedication, hospital and civic vision.
The award recognizes one or more benefactors who contribute outstanding commitment, leadership, ambassadorship, and generosity on behalf of our patients and their families, the people of Avita Health System, and the communities we serve.
The Visionary Award recipient personifies humanity, compassion, and the essence of philanthropy and inspires others to help advance the Mission of Avita Health System and the Avita Health Foundation.
2020 VISIONARY AWARD RECIPIENTS
NOMINATE AN ESTEEMED PHYSICIAN OR VISIONARY
President’s Circle recognition is presented to those individuals and organizations who’s lifetime grant making, philanthropic, or sponsorships commitments in support of Avita Health System: Avita Bucyrus, Avita Galion, Avita Ontario – exceeds $100,000.
- Ralph E. Boyd Foundation and Family Trust
- Community Foundation for Crawford County
- Donald and Rodella Covert
- Covert Manufacturing
- Kenneth B. Cummins*
- Dayco Swan Company
- Henry M. Egner*
- Dr. Boyd and Anne Epperson
- Farmers Citizen Bank
- First Federal Community Bank
- Foundation for a Healthy Community
- Gayle Gorman Green
- Teri and Dennis Williams
- Kym and Rick Fox
- Jerome and Stella Morasko
- Geyer’s Corporation
- Gladys Schrag Trust*
- Brent Gledhill
- Heckert Trust*
- Estate of John Geiger*
- Ohio Crane Company
- Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation
- Ohio Mutual Insurance Group
- Dr. Joseph and Susan Shadeed
- John Q Shunk* Fund/Association
- Eugene “Vic” and Elizabeth* “Betty” Smith
- Matt and Linda Smith
- Timken Foundation
- Donald and Chris Covert Jr.
- Donna and Frank Morrow
WILLIAM C. GATES, MD/SOCIETY OF 1906
William C. Gates, MD/Society of 1906 recognition is presented to those individuals and organizations who’s lifetime grant making, philanthropic, or sponsorships commitments in support of Avita Health System: Avita Bucyrus, Avita Galion, Avita Ontario – exceeds $1,000,000.
- Avita Health Foundation
- Bucyrus Women’s Auxiliary
- Galion Women’s Auxiliary
ANNUAL HONOR ROLL
SOCIETY OF 1906 RECOGNITION EVENING
This celebration is for members of the Gates/Society of 1906, President’s Circle, and those friends and organizations who made cumulative cash gifts, grants, sponsorships, pledges and/or planned gifts that exceeded $1,000 in 2019.
Society of 1906 Recognition Evening
Tuesday February 25, 2020 / Galion Theatre
6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
The Society of 1906 Recognition Evening celebrates our work and mission, our donors and volunteers, and most importantly, extraordinary contributions to the Avita Health Foundation, which brings our community and philanthropic leaders together with a goal to build a legacy of giving in support of healthcare and wellness in the communities the Avita Health System serve.