Reviews outstanding accounts for assigned payer and takes appropriate action to resolve issues preventing or delaying payment, including appealing denials. Works closely with the Electronic Billing Coordinator to assure initial claims are submitted correctly. Responds to inquiries and requests from various sources related to hospital claims and account processing.
- Fully knowledgeable of, and conducts all activities in accordance with regulatory compliance requirements, including but not limited to HIPAA rules and regulations, Medicare Secondary Payer Screening requirements, medical necessity screening and ABN rules, Red Flag Rules, and billing and coding compliance rules and regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of AHS managed care payer rules.
- Advance degree or active pursuit of advanced degree.
- AAHAM or HFMA certification, or active pursuit of certification.
- Previous hospital billing experience and demonstrated knowledge of third-party billing procedures and claim review and analysis strongly preferred.
Hours per pay80
Days of weekMonday-Friday
Please complete this application and email to Kiley Dostal at KDostal@Avitahs.org