Avita Ontario Pharmacy is a full service outpatient pharmacy that is open to the public and provides retail pharmacy services and accepts most insurance plans. Prescriptions are accepted from all providers and can be sent electronically right from the office. It is easy to switch to Avita Ontario. Avita Pharmacy staff can contact the patient’s current pharmacy and transfer prescriptions to Avita Ontario Pharmacy to be filled. Simply call the pharmacy for more details. We offer pricing that is competitive with other area pharmacies
- Automatic Refills – At Avita Ontario Pharmacy, patients can request to have their refills automatically filled each month so that the prescriptions are ready for pick up when they are needed, without having to call ahead and request a refill.
- Refill Sync – Pharmacists at Avita Ontario Pharmacy are able to coordinate the refill of a patients’ medications so that they can pick them up on a single day each month. Refill Sync helps prevent missed doses of medications and allows patients to get all of their needed medications with fewer trips to the pharmacy.
- Home delivery – Available for a limited area. Contact the pharmacy for more details.
- Immunizations – Our experienced pharmacists are certified and able to administer vaccines to prevent the following:
- Hepatitis A
- FLAVORx: Custom flavoring options for liquid medications. From watermelon to bubblegum, we offer many great flavor options to satisfy even the pickiest taste buds.
Avita Ontario Pharmacy
715 Richland Mall
Ontario, OH 44906
8:00am to 8:00pm
(Closed 1:00 -1:30 for lunch)
9:00am to 5:00pm
Through Avita’s newly implemented Meds-to-Beds program, patients admitted to the hospital are able to receive their discharge prescriptions prior to leaving for home…and they are delivered right to the patient’s bed! Avita began the Meds-to-Beds program at Ontario Hospital, and it was such a
convenience for patients that we recently expanded the program to Galion and Bucyrus Hospitals. According to our patients, the Meds-to-Beds program makes life easier because they want to go straight home after leaving the hospital.
Meds-to-Beds program benefits:
- Patients know the cost of medications before leaving the hospital. If there are any concerns, our pharmacist will work with the provider to see if alternative medications are available.
- Patients have a better understanding of their medications before leaving the hospital.
- Patients have the opportunity to speak with a pharmacist about any medications before leaving the hospital.
- Convenience: Patients do not have to leave the hospital and stop by a pharmacy to order and pick up prescriptions.
MEDICATION MANAGEMENT CENTER
Located on each Avita Hospital campus is a pharmacist-led Medication Management Center (MMC). Each MMC is staffed with a clinical pharmacist that sees patients by referral and/or appointment for various clinical services such as anticoagulation management (aka Coumadin Clinic and other blood thinners), tobacco cessation counseling and management, and medication therapy management (MTM).
Bucyrus Hospital-Medication Management Center
629 N. Sandusky Ave, Bucyrus, OH 44820
Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm
Galion Hospital-Medication Management Center
269 Portland Way South, Galion, OH, 44833
Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm
Ontario Hospital-Medication Management Center
715 Richland Mall, Ontario, OH, 44906
Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm
ANTICOAGULATION & THROMBOSIS MANAGEMENT SERVICE
The Anticoagulation & Thrombosis Management Service helps patients monitor and manage medications taken to prevent blood clots or after they have developed a blood clot. Many patients with conditions such as atrial fibrillation, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism or other hereditary conditions will require the use of anticoagulants, also called blood thinners, as therapy for these conditions.
Our on-site clinic provides non-invasive finger stick blood testing with immediate warfarin (Coumadin) dose adjustments if necessary. Patients also receive one-on-one education, medication review with the clinical pharmacist, and ample time to ask questions.
We also provide education and counseling for patients taking Apixaban (Eliquis®), Dabigatran (Pradaxa®), and Rivaroxaban (Xarelto®), newer anticoagulants known as the direct-acting oral anticoagulants (DOACs). We assist with the transition to and from DOACs and warfarin and serve as a consultant service for the optimal management of these medications.
For those that are not able to take warfarin (Coumadin) or a DOAC for short periods of time due to surgery the pharmacist can manage temporary use of alternative anticoagulants, if necessary, and then transition the patient back to their originally prescribed medication once the procedure has been completed; in some instances the pharmacist will simply help guide the patient through the appropriate stop and restart timing for their medication.
TOBACCO CESSATION SERVICES
The Tobacco Cessation service is a pharmacist managed, comprehensive program to help patients achieve their goals in quitting smoking or any other form of tobacco. Patients are eligible for the service through a referral from a physician and are seen during one-on-one private sessions with a clinical pharmacist trained in tobacco cessation counseling and medication management. Each patient is walked through the process of quitting nicotine by developing a patient specific plan that incorporates an overall quit strategy, resource sharing, counseling, and medication therapy as necessary. Each patient’s plan for quitting then continues on with the pharmacist for up to six follow up visits designed to monitor progress, adjust medications, and provide continued support and guidance for sustained success in quitting.
MEDICATION THERAPY MANAGEMENT (MTM)
Medication Therapy Management is a service that your pharmacist provides to help improve treatment outcomes for patients by optimizing the safe and effective use of medications. MTM promotes collaboration among patients, pharmacists, physicians, and other healthcare providers.
Along with your other healthcare providers, your pharmacist will review each of your medications and make recommendations that ensure your medication is appropriate and effective in achieving treatment goals, maintaining medication safety, as well as being convenient to your lifestyle. Your pharmacist will help you evaluate and manage your medication to ensure optimal safety and performance.