Responsible for maintaining procedures, instituting new procedures and tests, quality control, continuous quality improvement (CQI), and departmental manuals in compliance with CAP and the accrediting body’s guidelines. Responsible for coordinating, managing all the functions of the Laboratory. This includes staffing, training, scheduling, budgeting/purchasing to promote cost containment. Responsible for reporting quality trends as well as inconsistencies to Laboratory Director. Supervises the performance of Laboratory staff in designated section under the direction of the Laboratory Director. Responsible for effective and consistent interdepartmental communications.
- Bachelor Degree in Medical Technology, or Associate Degree or Medical Laboratory Technology from an accredited college.
- Sufficient experience along with extensive knowledge in all areas of the laboratory.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, or related science.
- National certification by one of the following: American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- 4-5 years previous management experience.
Hours per pay80
Days of weekPrimarily Monday-Friday
Please complete this application and email to Kiley Dostal at KDostal@Avitahs.org