Certified pharmacy technicians (CPhT) assist pharmacists in preparing and distributing medications, maintaining the medication inventory, and maintaining patient records. They assist the pharmacist by filling physician orders for medications including oral, rectal, topical and injectable formulations. CPhTs prepare both sterile and non-sterile products as well as chemotherapy products and other hazardous medications using strict adherence to proper aseptic technique and established standards. CPhTs function under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
- Free of felony convictions.
- Current Registration as a Certified Pharmacy Technician in good standing in the State of Ohio
- Current pharmacy technician certification (CPhT) through an approved pharmacy technician certification body (i.e. PTCB, ExCPT)
- Completion of an employer-based pharmacy technician training program that is of appropriate breadth and depth to clearly address the competencies for a technician to safely and effectively work in their current setting within the first 90 days of employment.
- High school diploma, GED or foreign school diploma equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma.
- One-year related pharmacy experience and/or training or graduate of certified training program/healthcare Career College.
Hours per pay64
Days of weekVaries
Please complete this application and email to Kiley Dostal at KDostal@Avitahs.org