Avita provides a variety of surgical services, including endoscopy, gynecology, obstetrics, orthopedics, general surgery, ear-nose-throat, urology, and ophthalmology. We are fully equipped to perform laparoscopic and endoscopic procedures, which provide our patients with shorter surgery and recovery time.
Our patients range in age from two years old and up. Surgeries are done on an outpatient or inpatient basis, depending on the type of surgery and the patient’s post-surgical recovery status.
The surgery staff works closely with the patient and families to provide as much information about the patient’s surgery as possible, and to be available to answer questions. It is our goal to minimize the stress associated with the surgery process.
- EAR, NOSE AND THROAT: Minor ailments including ear tubes, tonsil removal and nasal surgery
- EYE: Vision correction, including cataract surgery and lens replacement
- GENERAL SURGERY: From minor concerns to major procedures, including cancer care
- ORTHOPEDICS: Procedures ranging from common, minimally invasive procedures, arthroscopy, to total joint replacement and reconstruction
- UROLOGY: Surgical treatment of bladder, kidney and prostate
- MED-SURGE: (Inpatient Stay Unit):Patients requiring a hospital stay may be placed on our med-surg unit for necessary treatments and close monitoring. Our med-surg area has private rooms for pre and post-operative services as well as acute care needs. Our staff provides compassionate care to any age group from pediatrics to geriatrics.
- INTENSIVE CARE: The Intensive Care Unit has private, state-of-the-art patient rooms that are spacious enough to provide the treatment necessary for patient recovery. We are fully equipped with cardiac and non-invasive monitoring equipment. Our staff is qualified and trained in the care and management of critically ill or injured patients.